Saturday, September 18, 2010

You Light Up the Sky

Kate, our 16 month old, is linguistically blooming every day. She already knows a few numbers and letters that she has learned from her favorite teacher, Evan. Some of her most favorite words now are "star" and "moon."

Therefore, a favorite song to sing in our car is Twinkle, Twinkle. Tonight we sang it loudly to keep all awake until we arrived at home for medicine dispersal and pajama changing. And it worked! It's so sweet to hear Kate attempt to sing along with the Maggie-Simpson-paci sound mixed into the melody.

Twinkle, Twinkle little star. How I wonder what you are. Up above the world so high. Like a diamond in the sky. Twinkle, Twinkle little star. How I wonder what you are...

Have you ever gazed up into the night sky and just wondered? I am no astronomer and I will never try to be, but I do wonder...about how many stars are there? What is each of their purpose? Why does the moon shine brighter on some nights and not others (besides clouds, obviously)?

Maybe you've heard the song that seems to be semi-newly released on WAYfm radio called "Light Up the Sky." Although it should have always seemed obvious, I didn't truly realize how God uses His creation to constantly show us that HE is with us ALWAYS, until I heard these lyrics sung by "The Afters":

When I’m feeling all alone and so far to go
The signs are nowhere on this road guiding me home
When the night is closing in
It’s falling on my skin
Oh God will You come close

Light, light, light up the sky
Light up the sky to show me You are with me
I, I, I can’t deny
Oh I can’t deny that You are right here with me
You’ve opened my eyes so I can see You all around me
Light, light, light up the sky
Light up the sky to show me You are with me

When stars are hiding in the clouds
I don’t feel them shining
When I can’t see beyond my doubt
The silver lining
When I’ve almost reached the end
Like a flood You’re rushing in
Love is rushing in

Light, light, light up the sky
Light up the sky to show me You are with me
I, I, I can’t deny
Oh I can’t deny that You are right here with me
You’ve opened my eyes so I can see You all around me
Light, light, light up the sky
Light up the sky to show me You are with me

So I run straight to Your arms
You’re the bright and morning Sun
To show Your love, there’s nothing You won’t do

Light, light, light up the sky
You light up the sky to show me You are with me
I, I, I can’t deny
Oh I can’t deny that You are right here with me
You’ve opened my eyes so I can see You all around me
Light, light, light up the sky
Light up the sky to show me You are with me

Yes, I am a song junkie. I don't have the gift of using words poetically, not even grammatically. There is something about a song's lyrics that help me define how I feel at times or remind me of, in this case, how God's creation is all around me, 24/7. And what a beautiful way for Him to show us that He Is Here, always!

One of my very best friends has that gift. Click here, and you will immediately know what I am talking about. From the moment we became best friends, I have known of her gift. From the high-school writings to be graded to the occupational therapy admission papers to the author of Bane's Blog, she never ceases to amaze me. You will enjoy. So, following her "Thankful" list, here is mine...

Thankful for: #1

  • My husband: who gives relentlessly. He is the perfect earthly father to our two children. His love for them and theirs in return, always puts a smile on my face.
  • My Evan: my first born, now toddler. I love how instead of calling me "mommy" his country accent makes it sound like "Ma-maw." His ever-growing-two-year-old mind keeps me in awe. I am thankful that he already knows love. For at night during his prayers, if we miss someone, he will promptly interrupt us and add the ones on his heart. I love his bright blue eyes, like his dad's. I love his sweet, tender smile. I love that he is a ma-maw's boy and craves our time together at night when we rock before bed time! I love that he calls his lil' sis: "Pooh Bear."
  • My Kate: my second born, now sassy 16 month old. I love her personality...I already see a lot of her daddy in her ways. She is curious, she is determined, she is cautious but always willing to take a chance. I love how she giggles when Evan wakes her up in the morning, shaking her crib and sweetly saying "wake up, pooh bear." She gives the sweetest kisses. She is far from delicate as she tumbles with the best of the toddlers and comes up with a grin, as her Grandy calls her "Crash Pevahouse." She too, beginning to know what love is, will initiate bed-time prayers by getting our attention and then swiftly putting her hands together for prayer all with a big smile from ear to ear. She loves her daddy, at it warms my heart.
  • My family: all I can say is, I am Blessed! I hear of so many families that fall apart and some of them for reasons that you would not expect to warrant a divide. I have a family that will drop everything on the spot to help me when needed. Such as this week when both, Evan and Kate came down with a feverish virus, they were there to provide TLC to my two dear ones. I have parents, that gave and give tirelessly to provide for their daughters, their husbands, and grandkids. I have in-laws, that shouldn't be given the term "in-laws" because they treat and love me as if I am their own blood. I have a sister (again in-law that exceeds that term) that has the heart of gold, perhaps the only one I know on this earth with a heart such as hers. I have a brother (again ill fitted term "in law") that has his ways of loving on us and our kids in a way that only he can fulfill. I have a new sister (once again, that term, in-law) that is beautiful and has a smile that will warm your soul. I am blessed beyond measures.
  • My 6 girls: from years that started well before pre-school to this very moment, we have never failed one another. Our friendship is not definable. It is rare and it is from our Lord that we have the love that we have for each other. I can always count on them for ANYTHING, for God-words, for laughter, for silliness, for for-seriousness, and for being just us. My dream for my children, is that they, too will be blessed with friendships that are out-of-this-world, such as my six girls.
I am thankful for so much more...those are just a few.

Please continue to pray for one of my six girls, Sonya and her husband, Drason. They have a heavy, life-long burden to carry and they can not do it alone. If you are new to this blog, click here to read their story...to read about a life of loss, pain, grief, and glorifying our God.


No comments:

Post a Comment